Can you believe we are beginning a new year already!? If 2015 got away from you and you didn’t get to travel anywhere near as much as you’d have liked, then now is the time to start planning your travels for 2016.
To help inspire you, we’ve created these images of some of our favourite quotes to inspire you to travel in 2016 (and beyond).
Why not save them to display on your desktop, print them and put them up around your home or PIN THEM on a travel inspiration board on Pinterest.
1.Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan.
2. Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” Michael Palin
3. “A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step”. Lao Tzu
4. Don’t wait for life to come to you, go out there and grab it with both hands and never let it go.
5. Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.
6. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” Rumi
7. Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
8. Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.
9. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” Danny Kaye
10. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” Freya Stark
11. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” Helen Keller
12. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” Marcel Proust
13. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the one you did do. o throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER.” Mark Twain
14. “There’s a sunrise and sunset every day. You can choose to be there for it. You can put yourelf in the way of beauty.” Cheryl Strayed
15. “To move, the breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.” Hans Christian Andersen
16. “Freedom is something that dies unless it’s used.” Hunter S. Thompson
17. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” Unknown
18. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” Lawrence Block
19. Don’t just sleep, DREAM. Don’t just think, FEEL. Don’t just exist, LIVE.
20. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” Susan Sontag
21. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” Aldous Huxley
22. TRAVEL, an addiction you’ll never what to stop.
23. Use your heart as a map.
24. I’d rather look back on my life and say “I can’t believe I did that”, than say “I wish I did that”.
25. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘WOW! WHAT A RIDE!’.” Hunter S. Thompson
26. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds on in its net of wonder forever.” Jacques-Yves Cousteau
27. “I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent is born of a story we tell ourselves, and I chose to tell myself a different story from the women are told. I decided I was safe, I was strong, I was brave. Nothing culd vanquish me.” Cheryl Strayed
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Over to you!
What quote(s) inspire you the most to travel and discover the world?
Let me know using the comments section below or join me on social media to start a conversation.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post.